Back in 1963 a small delicatessen and butcher shop were opened in Brentwood Mall in northwest Calgary. The business changed hands a few times over the years and in 1982 the family purchased the business and so began Village Mall Deli (1982) Ltd. A faithful clientele developed who would shop for their weekly deli needs.
In 1986, the deli was rebuilt in a new location in the newly renovated Brentwood Village and added a café which was called Kaffee Stube. In 1994 the business was given to the next generation. That summer it was decided to add a gift shop to Village Mall Deli and the business grew which evolved into Edelweiss Village.
Over the course of the years the gift shop expanded and a decision was made to build a new home for the business at 1921 – 20th Avenue NW, Calgary, AB. The character and feeling of the building was dreamed up and created by the owners from memories of their visits overseas, as portrayed in the pictures on the website.
Edelweiss Village caters to an upscale European clientele who expect high quality products. The café and delicatessen use only the finest ingredients to create the products that are offered. The gift boutique offers authentic giftware and household items from across Europe, providing friendly and professional customer service.
Expect only the best quality merchandise, including Cuckoo Clocks direct from the Black Forest, handmade candles from Lithuania, linens from Sweden and many more treasures!
High quality deli meats and imported cheeses are offered in the deli, accompanied by delicious german cooking and baking, featured in the Kaffee Stube and Bakery.
Edelweiss Village is a landmark in the Calgary northwest, where many visitors from all over Canada choose to come when they visit our city. We look forward to seeing you soon!