In 1963 a small delicatessen and butcher shop opened in Brentwood Mall in northwest Calgary. The business changed hands a few times over the years and in 1982 our family purchased the business and so began Village Mall Deli (1982) Ltd. A faithful clientele developed who would shop for their weekly deli needs.
In 1986, the deli was rebuilt in the newly renovated Brentwood Village and added a café called Kaffee Stube.
In 1994 the business was passed to the next generation and that summer a gift shop was added to Village Mall Deli and the business grew and evolved into Edelweiss Village.
Over the course of the years the gift shop expanded and a new home was built for the business at 1921 – 20th Avenue NW, Calgary, AB. The character and feeling of the building was based on memories of the owners from their visits overseas.
Edelweiss Village caters to an upscale European clientele who expect high quality products. The café and delicatessen use only the finest ingredients to create the products that are offered. The gift boutique offers authentic giftware and household items from across Europe, providing friendly and professional customer service.
Expect only the best quality merchandise, including Cuckoo Clocks direct from the Black Forest, handmade candles from Lithuania, linens from Sweden and many more treasures!
High quality deli meats and imported cheeses are offered in the deli, accompanied by delicious german cooking and baking, featured in Kaffee Stube and Edelweiss Bakery.
Edelweiss Village is a landmark in the Calgary northwest, where many visitors from across Canada choose to come when they visit our city.
We look forward to seeing you soon!